Update! November 1, 2013
- Strategic Communications will not be offered due to the length of the NIST study that will accompany the other two courses, NFPA 1710 and Staffing for Safety.
- Speaker Rick Peters will be replaced by Fire Fighter's Cancer Support Network, Eric Monroe.
- Lastly, times for November 8th's classes have been added below.
Local 2819 has teamed up with 7th dist. VP Ricky Walsh to bring to you a terrific two days of union education. Coming this November 7th, we will host our second Mini Ed Seminar for the Magnificent 7! Not to be satisfied with a single day of learning, your local has scheduled its new educational seminar on November 8th to maximize the opportunity for our members to soak in free union training. Here are the essentials:
Silverdale Beach Hotel
3073 NW Bucklin Hill Rd
Silverdale, WA 98383
November 7th Mini Ed (9am – 3pm)
Curriculum delivered by Greg Womack and Brian Hurley, 7th District Field Reps
- Staffing for Safety with NIST Study
- Introduction to NFPA 1710
November 8th 2819 Educational (9am – 3pm)
Washington State Family Care Act & Other Protected Leave
Donald Bickford, Labor & Industries ·
Cancer Prevention and Survival in the Fire Service
Eric Monroe and Guest, Firefighter's Cancer Support Network
Social Media and the Fire Service
Anil Karia, Tedesco Law Group
(2:00 - 3:00)
Planning for Retirement: LEOFF II Options
Greg Markley, WSCFF Sec-Treas.